MY IN-DEPTH EXPERIENCE OF VARIOUS I.T. ISSUES WILL ENABLE ME TO RENDER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, INTER-ALIA, IN RESPECT OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Income-tax planning in respect of Companies, Firms, Trusts, HUFs, Individuals, etc.
- Advice on income-tax matters in respect of Indian Companies, Foreign Companies, Firms, Private Trusts, Charitable and Religious Trusts, HUFs and Individuals.
- Advice to Companies on Technical Collaboration Agreements, Technology Transfers, Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements and other important Agreements etc.
- Advice to Companies in respect of grant of ESOP and Sweat equity.
- Advice to resident tax-payers in respect of tax-planning and compliance, relating to deduction of tax at source (TDS), regarding payments by way of salaries, interest, rent, commission or brokerage, fees for professional and technical services and payment to directors, etc.
- Advice and compliance regarding tax deduction at source (TDS), in respect of payments to non-residents or foreign companies, by way of interest or any other sum, chargeable to tax in India, under the provisions of the Income-Tax Act, 1961, read with the relevant provisions of the various Articles of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs), entered into between India and the country of residence of non-residents or foreign companies.
- Advice to non-resident Indians (NRIs) regarding their income-tax matters especially investment in India, including investment in immovable property.
- Handling income-tax matters before the Assessing Officers
- Filing of appeals, revisions and petitions before CIT(A), CIT, CCIT, ITAT, etc.
- Attending to appeals before the CIT(A) / ITAT and revisions / petitions before CIT / CCIT.
- Providing written Opinions on all types of issues relating to direct taxes
SPECIAL WORK-EXPERIENCE IN THE INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT
- Worked as Assessing Officer (Deputy Commissioner of Income-Tax or Dy.CIT) in respect of Salaried Employees, Business Cases, Charitable Trusts and Companies, for five years.
- Worked as Jr. Authorized Representative (as Deputy CIT) for 4-1/2 years and Sr. Authorized Representative (as Addl. CIT) for 1 year, before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal. I used to represent cases before the ITAT on behalf of the Government of India.
- Worked as Joint Commissioner of Income-Tax (Assessment) Mumbai, for three years. Handled big company cases like Hindustan Lever Ltd., Indian Oil Corpn. Ltd., Bharat Petroleum Corpn. Ltd., Alfa Laval Ltd., Buckau Wolf (I) Ltd. etc. Also dealt with the assessment of Foreign Companies.
- Worked as Addl. CIT ( Audit ), Mumbai for two years. In this post, I handled the Internal Audit as well as the Revenue Audit work in respect of the top Companies assessed in Mumbai Charge, particularly those assigned to Central Circles, Mumbai.
- Worked as Addl. CIT (Judicial), Mumbai for two years. I was in-charge of the Judicial Section. I.T. Department, Mumbai and dealt with I.T., W.T., & G.T cases before ITAT, Mumbai, High Court, Bombay and Supreme Court of India, New Delhi.
- Also worked in other senior positions in I.T. Department, Mumbai.